Tuesday, December 6, 2016

THE HORROR OF A CONCEPT ALBUM CALLED "ALTAMONT DIARY" AUSTRALIAN BAND BLACK CAB

A concept album about Altamont? Not many bands could pull something like that off, but Australian band BLACK CAB has the talent to rise to the occasion ha ha. Included this year is a rare live instrumental only version of Summer Of Love from this album that I got off some fan site 12 yes 12 years ago...the horror

Graded on a Curve: Black Cab, Altamont Diary - The Vinyl District

Altamont: It's the single social happening of my lifetime I'm truly sorry I missed. (I knew I should have RSVP'd!) The free concert on December 6, 1969 was a major brown acid bummer: its lowlights included a Hell's Angel stabbing Meredith Hunter to death; Hell's Angels on bad drugs beating up naked hippies on bad ...

Black Cab: The Cab Effect

Over bottles of red and plates of prosciutto in a Melbourne wine bar, Black Cab tell KATE HENNESSY about uncomfortable moments with an infamous road manager, being courted by 'Pitchfork' and why they won't play the Hopetoun in her native Sydney again. ?Pitchfork contacted you?? ?Um, hang on, let me check - yeah.





THE HORROR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment