Saturday, July 9, 2016

IGGY POP HAS A VERY SIMPLE MESSAGE- "BEAT 'EM UP"! - OVERLOOKED 2001 ALBUM THE SHEER HORROR

"To tell the sucking truth, Everybody's dreams get used. Twist me till i drip, Liquid of emotions ripped. Every hungry soul hides a hungry fool - Life's to take, says the talking snake, everybody should be happy life's to take, says the talking snake, everybody should be happy" - Talking Snake
Mom and dad worked and saved, good and honest everyday For they're sweat , what did they get? An old age home and a medical debt" - Beat 'Em Up
Now that I've whetted your Iggy Pop appetite with last month's Naughty Little Doggie, we're wheeling out what may very possibly be his most overlooked album. An absolute horrific double album's worth of material on this 16-song meaty collection of songs. Who else could write songs like It's All Shit, Drink New Blood, Ugliness, need I say more? The Horror!!

Iggy Pop: Beat 'Em Up

I've never understood the Cult of Iggy. The Stooges records I've heard sound pretty good-- kind of a rougher, more driving version of what the Stones were doing in the early 70s-- and I like the highlights from his solo career. But I never felt the scrape of the edge Pop was said to possess.

Tarot card I designed in 2009...The Horror!!
THE HORROR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment