Thursday, March 19, 2015

here's something you don't see everyday at the House, a RUSH Bootleg! - "Cool Dream" is a 2-cd boot of a show on the Counterparts Tour on the Gypsy Eye label, now there's a label name I can identify with....THE HORROR!!

as far as I can tell this has been sitting in my 
Rush folder for a couple years unlistened to
looks like a goody tho, 7daylink
Comments and Reviews: The Digital Dan: Well, I was quite surprised when I received this recording in trade. Another soundboard from the Counterparts tour seemed to be a little too good to be true. But Geddy identifies the location as Madison, Wisconsin before starting in with Cold Fire, making it abundantly clear. Definitely a better sounding show than the Critical Mass / Mystic Symphonies show as this source is in stereo. The show itself is one of the better shows from the CP tour, the band seems really up for the show. There are a few weird transitions between songs, the indexing is wrong for Xanadu / Hemispheres / Tom Sawyer, but this is definitely digitally sourced and is very clean. I wish there was more information about the recording, but the artwork will divulge no secrets other than it has the wrong date! This is by far and away one of the finest sound board recordings I've yet heard. Sounds professionally mixed and very lively sounding. An absolute "Must Have", and everyone knows I prefer audience recordings to sbds, so that says something! Bahia2112: I wasn't in great expectations when I received this show, as I already had the "Animated" and "A Night At The Spectrum" soundboards, and they both sounded great. This would be just another great show to add... I was completely in shock when I put these discs in the CD player! Not only the sound is absolutely perfect, but the band puts one of the best performances I have ever heard! They are playing very tight this night, and definitely having fun! The audience seems to be really into the the show too; when they finish "Time Stand Still", Geddy thanks the crowd and even says something like "You guys are in good voice out there tonight. We appreciate that." As always, you get the cool western intro to "Cold Fire" and the band intros in "Closer to the Heart", and this must be one of the funniest of all tour, I could hear this forever! Alex even makes fun of Neil's hat! IMHO, this is the best SBD of the Counterparts tour, and a must-have for any Rush fan, bootleg collector or not! It doesn't matter if you have a gazillion shows of this tour or you think Counterparts is the worst Rush album... for me this is a perfect recording and I guarantee you that these discs won't leave your CD player for at least 1 month!!!
The Sheer Horror!!

Additional Notes - 3/19 - Gave disc 1 a spin, let me put it this way- if you told me this was a real live album I would have believed you....sheeesh.A+


No comments:

Post a Comment